Volunteer at the AOC
Do you have skills that may be of value to the Australian Opal Centre?
Our volunteers and honorary advisors assist in areas such as strategic planning, security, collection management, financial planning, advocacy and legal advice.
At Lightning Ridge, volunteers:
- welcome visitors to our public exhibition space
- help run programs for visiting school groups and bus groups
- staff our outdoor cinema experience SPARK
- support our fossil digs
- help with catering, cleaning, cataloguing, administration and planning
- build, fix and transport things
- share knowledge and hospitality with participants in our classes and programs
- run events
- make videos and take photographs
- prepare member mailouts
- design, write, edit, network and more!
If you're interested in offering your skills to one of the most exciting community-based projects in Australia - and in becoming part of the AOC inner circle - please contact us to discuss your involvement.